Rats are notorious for spreading the catastrophic Bubonic Plague, but even though it’s rare these days there are still a few cases in the US each year. Rats can also carry fleas and spread diseases such as typhus, jaundice, rat-bite fever, trichinosis and salmonellosis and cause incredible amounts of property damage.
- Norway Rats
- Brown Rats
- Roof Rats
- Black Rats
- Rattus Norvegicus
- Size: Usually 8 to 10 inches, plus a tail
- Color: Typically grey, brown or black with a lighter colored belly
- Rats not only spread a myriad of diseases, but they can introduce other pests into your house like ticks and fleas
- The first thing you’ll notice with a rat infestation (aside from the rats themselves) is their droppings, which are bigger than mouse droppings at around ½ an inch, and their nests are going to be in low traffic areas like crawlspaces, attics and basements
- Rats breed quickly, they bite, they spread disease and they like chewing on stuff. Other than that, they’re not that bad.
The Crimes :
- Spreading Disease
- Property Damage
- Causing Allergies
- Introduction of other Pests into the Home
Rat Problems? Contact the Experts!
Request a Free Quote to Get Rid of Rats:
Do not attempt to exterminate them by yourself. Contact Expert Pest Control immediately at (800) 235-3093.