What happened to my yard? These furry little bandits forage in residential areas primarily at night – tipping trash cans and invading outdoor feeders. The make themselves right at home on your property and pose serious health risks to residents and domesticated pets.
- Procyon lotor
- North American raccoon
- Northern raccoon
- Common raccoon
- Size: Typically 16-38 inches (7-16 inch tail) and ranges from 12-36 lbs
- Body: Medium sized build with 5 digits on paws, dexterous front paws to manipulate foods, and bushy tail
- Color: Grayish dense coat with black coloring resembling a facial mask, and back and gray rings on tail
- Intelligent nocturnal creatures that are extremely adaptable
- They can inhabit rural, suburban, and urban neighborhoods
- Ominvores that will consume plant life and small animals
- Lives typically up to 3 years in the wild
The Crimes :
- Will forage for food in residential areas tipping trash cans and composting bins
- Can transmit diseases such as rabies, distemper, and roundworm
- May build dens under porches, sheds, and outbuildings
- Can enter homes through openings like chimneys and attic windows
Raccoons wreaking havoc? Contact the Raccoon Control Experts!
Request a Free Quote (MA Only):
Do not attempt to rid them by yourself. Contact Expert Pest Control immediately for raccoon control solutions at (800) 235-3093.