In a home in New England, holes in wooden structures were found where the intruders left behind small piles of sawdust right below the holes. These holes were created to form carpenter ant nests in an attempt to infest the home with their colony. An infestation of carpenter ant workers and swarmers (winged ants) were observed looking for food and spread out with satellite colonies causing substantial structural damage.
- Black Flying Ants
- Black Winged Ants
- Flying Ants
- Winged Ants
- Size: Usually 1/4 to ½ an inch long
- Color: Typically black, red or black and red
- Very common in New England
- Lives both outdoors and indoors in moist, decaying or hollow wood
- Leaves behind wood shavings which provides clues to nesting locations
The Crimes :
- Home Ant Infestation
- Wood & Structural Damage
- Damaging Houses
- Stealing Food
- Flying Indoors
- Crawling All Over Floors
- Leaving Wood Chips Everywhere
- Being Gross
Carpenter Ant Control Problems? Get Help Now
Ant Problems? Contact the Carpenter Ant Control Experts!
Request a Free Quote to Get Rid of Ants:
WARNING! Carpenter Ants should be considered armed and dangerous. Do not attempt to exterminate them by yourself. Contact Expert Pest Control immediately at (800) 235-3093 for professional carpenter ant control solutions.